Understanding Sleep Dentistry In San Diego
Sedation dentistry is becoming more popular and part of everyday vocabulary when it comes to dentistry. However, many are still unfamiliar with the benefits of sedation dentists or what sedation dentistry even is. Below you’ll find brief responses to frequent sedation and sleep dentistry questions.
WHAT IS SEDATION DENTISTRY?
Sedation Dentistry is the general term used to describe the ability to help a patient with even the most severe dental phobia feel calm and relaxed during their dental treatments. The term sleep dentistry is often used as well, but is somewhat a misnomer as the patient is not actually asleep during treatment. Oral conscious sedation dentistry is sometimes referred to as “sleep dentistry”.
WHAT TYPES OF SEDATION DENTISTRY DO YOU OFFER?
Sedation dentist Jeff Gray offers two types of sedation dentistry to the San Diego community:
- Laughing Gas | A mask is worn that allows the patient to breath laughing gas and helps the patients feel calm, relaxed and even happy.
- Oral Conscious Sedation Dentistry | Oral Conscious Sedation Dentistry (sometimes called “sleep dentistry”) refers to the practice of administering a sedative orally (by swallowing or placed under the tongue), enabling the patient to safely and comfortably relax during their dental visit.
WHO IS SEDATION DENTISTRY FOR?
Dr. Jeff Gray provides sedation for those with anxiety or fear when visiting the dentist as well as those who may require more extensive dental work in one visit. In our busy San Diego community, patients love the ability to complete significant dental work (if needed) in one sitting.
BENEFITS OF SEEING SEDATION DENTISTS?
- Calms those with even the most intense dental phobia
- Allows more work to be done in one sitting
- Makes dental visits relaxing and even enjoyable
- Helps those who have put off dental work to get the care they need
Call today to schedule a visit with our sedation dentists in La Mesa and find out for yourself how fantastic sedation dentistry is if you are in the San Diego – El Cajon area!